Acme United Church in Acme, Alberta has its origins in St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Acme and Acme Methodist Church. Presbyterian services were first held in Acme in 1909 in the Kiaora School. A church building was completed on August 7, 1910 and the congregation took the name of St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. As the community grew, the church building was used as a school and worship was moved to the Methodist Church building.
Formal unification talks began between the Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in 1914. Methodist services were first held in Acme at the Delft and Bancroft school-houses by a minister from Carstairs. In 1910 a formal congregation was established and of September 4th of the same year the church building was dedicated, with the congregation being part of the Acme Methodist Circuit. In July 1916 the Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in Acme agreed to unite into a single congregation, the Acme United Church. The Presbyterian Church building was sold and services continued in the previous Methodist Church, the site of the current Acme United Church.
Acme United Church voted to join the newly formed United Church of Canada, a union of Methodist, Congregational, and some Presbyterian denominations, in 1925. In 1928, Acme Pastoral Charge was moved from the Calgary Presbytery to the newly formed Three Hills Presbytery. In 1938, the church building was renovated. In 1957 the old church was moved to a new site so that a new church building could be constructed. The new building was dedicated on Sunday Dec. 22, 1957.
In 1998, Acme United Church amalgamated with Zion United Church in Beiseker, and the name Acme United Church was retained.