Joseph (Joe) Georges Dusseault was the youngest son of Moise Dusseault Sr. and Amanda Lavoie. Joe was born August 5, 1895 in Chatham, Ontario. The family moved to Edmonton in 1902. He graduated from Camrose Normal School in 1917 and taught school at Daysland, Rivière Qui Barre and Vimy, Alberta. He won numerous athletic awards and played hockey with the Edmonton Hustlers in the 1914-1915 season when they won the Alberta International Championship. He also played for a year with the Vancouver Lions hockey team as well as in Calgary, Alberta.
In 1920, Joe began farming on land that he rented from his father, and later purchased, in the Vimy area. In 1922 he married Aurore Lachance, daughter of Treffle Lachance and Leonie Lessard, two of the pioneers of the district. Joe and Aurore had six children: Jack, John, Frances, Amanda, Germaine, and Paulette. From 1937 to 1942, Joe managed the John Deere agency for the area. In his farming business, Joe specialized in soil conservation and crop rotation techniques. In 1947, Joe won the 'Save the Soil' contest sponsored by the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce and the Department of Agriculture. In 1949, the Joe Dusseault family was one of five winners in Alberta of the inaugural Master Farm Family award.
Joe was also very active in the community. He was one of the first trustees to serve on the board of the Sturgeon School Division when it was formed in 1939. He ran as a candidate for the Cooperative Commonwealth Federation Party (CCF), but did not win a seat. From 1933 to 1943, he was councillor for the district of Hazelwood, Alberta. In 1943 when the district of Hazelwood was dissolved and replaced by Morinville, Joe became a councillor and later a Reeve on the council. He also became a member of the council of the Municipal District of Westlock, Alberta, and served on the executive of the Alberta Association of Municipal Districts and Counties. Joe was an active public speaker and fluently bilingual.
Joe Dusseault died September 2, 1962, after which Aurore moved to Edmonton. She moved to the Heritage Place Lodge in 1986 and died in Westlock on June 6, 1991.