Fonds PR3176 - Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    • Source of title proper: Title based on the content of the records.

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    PR3176

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1920 - 1953 (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    0.06 m of textual records

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Administrative history

    The Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District formed in 1919 under the Irrigation Districts Act. The District operates irrigation turnouts and the two major turnouts: Monarch Branch headgates and Keho reservoir outlet. The District supports the production of sugar beets and other types of crops as well as livestock.

    Provincial staff at Fort Macleod operate the system. Provincial operations mainly involve river diversion, adjusting three main canal checks, and monitoring system flow gauges. Farmers in the District raised capital for this system by means of debentures until 1976, when it transferred to Government of Alberta. Under management of the Province, the headworks system expanded, doubling the canal and the Keho reservoir capacities.

    Custodial history

    The Board of Directors of the Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District donated the material to the Provincial Museum of Alberta.

    Scope and content

    The fonds consists of annual reports and financial statements of the Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District dating from 1920 to 1960.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    In 1973, the Provincial Archives of Alberta received the material from the Provincial Museum of Alberta.

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Language and script note

        The material is in English.

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Access Conditions: None

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Use Conditions: Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.

        Finding aids

        File list is not available.

        Associated materials

        See the Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District at the Glenbow Museum and Archives.

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Further accruals are not expected.

        General note

        Information for the administrative history/biographical sketch sourced from: http://www.ijc.org/rel/pdf/84\_stmary-milk\_letter.pdf (Accessed Nov. 24, 2008).

        General note

        Includes accession PR1973.0408.

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area