Fonds PR0965 - Markerville Butter and Cheese Manufacturing Association fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Markerville Butter and Cheese Manufacturing Association fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    • Source of title proper: Title based on the content of the records.

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    PR0965

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • Copied 1974 (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    1 microfilm

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    (1899-1972)

    Administrative history

    The Tindastoll Butter and Cheese Manufacturing Association Limited was formed in August 1899 in Tindastoll, now Markerville, Alberta. The association was composed of a board of directors, which included a president, vice president, and three directors. The members of the first board of directors included Dan Morkeberg, J.M. Johnson, S. Goodman, J. Benedickson, and G. Thorlakson, with Stephan G. Stephansson as the first secretary. On March 5, 1910 the name of the association was changed to the Markerville Butter and Cheese Manufacturing Association.

    The association purchased the butter and cheese manufacturing plants of H. Jonasson and the Benedickson Brothers in 1928, and also used the Markerville Creamery to produce its products. Carl Morkeberg took over the management of the Creamery in 1930. The Creamery closed in 1972.

    Custodial history

    Mrs. C. Caush received the records by a family who was leaving the district.

    Scope and content

    Fonds consists of the business records of the Markerville Butter and Cheese Manufacturing Association for the period 1899-1944 and includes minutes and financial records.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Mrs. C. Caush deposited these records in the Provincial Archives of Alberta in 1974

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Language and script note

        The material is in English.

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Access Conditions: None

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Use Conditions: Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.

        Finding aids

        Inventory is available.

        Associated materials

        Accruals

        Further accruals are not expected.

        General note

        This fonds was donated at the same time, and in the same accession as the following unrelated fonds: PR0966 Zella School District No. 1078 fonds.

        General note

        Includes accession PR1974.0218.

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area