Collection PR0535 - Millie Hay collection

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Millie Hay collection

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    • Source of title proper: Title based on the content of the records.

    Level of description

    Collection

    Reference code

    PR0535

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1874-1961 (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    0.01 m of textual records. – 1 map

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Biographical history

    Mrs. Millie Hay (nee Talpash), the youngest of fifteen children, was born ca. 1914 to John and Barbara Talpash. They had immigrated to the United States where John Talpash worked a miner and became a citizen of the United States in 1893. By 1896 the family traveled to Alberta where they lived in several different towns before settling in Colinton ca. 1909 to farm.

    After farming for a while, John Talpash sold the family farm and purchased the Colinton Hotel where he and his wife remained until 1950 when they sold the hotel and retired in Colinton. Millie Talpash attended school in Colinton and later worked for her parents in the Colinton Hotel until 1938 when she met and married Doug Hay.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Collection consists of a copied map of the North-West Territory, now Alberta, dating 1874, copied bills and a land agreement belonging to W.F. Smith of Athabasca Landing dating 1897-1907, a pamphlet entitled The Aberhart Plan dating 1935, and a 50th Anniversary issue of The Landing Trail Post newspaper dating 1961.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Mrs. Millie Hay deposited these records in the Provincial Archives of Alberta in three separate accessions, one each in 1968, 1969, and 1970.

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Language and script note

        The material is in English.

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Access Conditions: None

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Use Conditions: Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.

        Finding aids

        Inventory is available.

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Further accruals are not expected.

        General note

        Information for the biographical sketch was taken from Colinton & Districts, Yesterday & Today located in the Provincial Archives of Alberta reference library under number 971.233 C682 PAA.

        General note

        Includes the following accessions:

        PR1968.0312
        PR1969.0359
        PR1970.0349

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Subject access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area