Collection PR1321 - Multicutural Heritage Centre collection

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Multicutural Heritage Centre collection

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    • Source of title proper: Title based on the content of the records.

    Level of description

    Collection

    Reference code

    PR1321

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • 1978-1982 (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    62 negatives -- 0.01 m of textual records.

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    (1974-)

    Administrative history

    The Multicultural Heritage Centre, located in Stony Plain, Alberta, opened September 15, 1974 in the Old Brick School House. It is operated by the Heritage Agricultural Society; the Society aims to preserve the cultural heritage of the area.

    The Centre includes a library and archives, a public gallery, a handicraft store, a Settler's Cabin (living museum); the library and archives is dedicated to Cornelia Wood, for her long standing service to the community.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    The collection consists of records collected by the Multicultural Heritage Centre in Stony Plain, Alberta. The collection includes a history of the Winterburn Area Church by Noel Gour and images from a number of different individuals: John Ducholke, Hilda Margerison, Mrs. Pahal, Mrs. Vanderwell, Mrs. Dringenberg, Dora and Alex Ziegler, Dan Dale, C. Groat, Mrs. J. Eatock, Clara Evjen, Mrs. Deby, D. Dickie, Harold Anderson, Frank Maddock, Mrs. C. Talbot, Mrs. Burger, Mrs. Erickson, A. Kulak, Dennis Jettkant, R. Breitkrietz, Elizabeth Altheim, Curtland Schwalbe, Mr. A Shep, Mike Nonay, Allite Meads, Willie Propp, and Emil Fischer. The images date from circa (ca.) 1905 to 1937, and feature the Stony Plain area including Stony Plain, Spruce Grove and Wabamun, and include images of stores (exteriors and interiors), train stations, hotels, grain elevators (exteriors and interiors), garages and liveries, houses and log houses, schools and students, churches, harvesting, agricultural machinery, musicians, picnics, a merry-go-round, laundry, sleighs, exhibitions, logging, locomotives, ferries and town views.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Representatives from the Multicultural Heritage Centre deposited the records in the Provincial Archives of Alberta 1982 and allowed others to be copied by the Provincial Archives of Alberta in 1978. Originals were returned to the Centre.

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Language and script note

        The material is in English.

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Access Conditions: None

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Use Conditions: Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.

        Finding aids

        File list is not available.

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Further accruals are not expected.

        General note

        Information for the biographical sketch is from the records and from Along the Fifth: a history of Stony Plain and District, which is available in the Provincial Archives of Alberta Reference Library, 971.233 AL72s PAA and from Alberta' Heritage and Cultural tourism Website, http://www.albertaheritage.net/museums/display.php?institution=171, accessed November 22, 2004. The photographs can be located in the A file of the Provincial Archives of Alberta reference prints under the numbers A.2839 to A.2900.

        General note

        Includes accessions PR1978.0013 and PR1982.0311.

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area