Fonds PR2710 - Olds College fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Olds College fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    • Source of title proper: Title based on the content of the records.

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    PR2710

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • [between 1920 - 1929] (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    28 films and other material.

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    (1913-1963)

    Administrative history

    The Olds School of Agriculture was established in 1913. The School offered courses in field husbandry, farm mechanics and domestic lessons. Women learned sewing, cooking, and home care while men took farm business, and agriculture courses. In 1963, it became Olds Agricultural and Vocational College.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    The fonds consists of instructional and informational films produced in the 1920s by the University of Alberta, Department of Extension for use at the Olds School of Agriculture. The fonds also includes material commemorating Olds School of Agriculture including newsletters, pamphlets, a history of the school, a coin, stamps, and photographs.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    In 1965, J.E. Birdsall, Principal of Olds College, donated material comprising PR1965.0101 to the Provincial Archives of Alberta. In 1969, J.E. Birdsall made a second donation comprising PR1969.0329 of material that had been enclosed in the corner stone of a dormitory at Olds College in 1927. The school had retrieved the material from the cornerstone during a ceremony in 1968 and subsequently donated the material.

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Language and script note

        The material is in English.

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Access Conditions: None

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Use Conditions: Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.

        Finding aids

        File list is not available.

        Associated materials

        Accruals

        Further accruals are not expected.

        General note

        Includes accessions PR1965.0101 and PR1969.0329.

        Physical description

        The fonds also includes 0.02 m of textual records, three photographs, two stamps, and one coin.

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area