The sub-series consists of records pertaining to various institutions and organizations the Oblates either established, administered or were involved with, including Juniorat/Collège Saint-Jean, La Survivance / Le Franco-Albertain.
The Oblates established the Saint-Jean school in Pincher Creek, Alberta, in 1908. It was founded as a Juniorat, a place to instruct junior members preparing for life in the Oblate order. In 1910, the Juniorat Saint-Jean was moved to Edmonton, and in 1943, renamed Collège Saint-Jean. Over time, religious instruction gradually included more general courses and the institution grew more closely affiliated with the University of Alberta. It became Collège universitaire Saint-Jean in 1970, and following the sale of the college to the University of Alberta in 1976, was renamed Faculté Saint-Jean in 1977. It was renamed Campus Saint-Jean in 2005.
The records in this subseries consist of the administrative and operational records of the Juniorat Saint-Jean and Collège Saint-Jean, from the time of its founding to sale to the University of Alberta. The sub-series also includes some educational and related records.
Specifically, the records relate to administration of the school, and include correspondence, financial accounts and reports, contracts and agreements, budgets and accounts, staffing and alumni related records, committee material, and records of maintenance and renovation and construction work, as well as property insurance and evaluation records. Also included in the sub-series are various daily registers and codices historici.
Operational records include those related to courses, curricula, yearbooks and graduations, as well as staff and student histories and biographical information. The sub-series also includes numerous personal records and pedagogical materials of faculty and students, such as notes, journals, brochures and publications, as well as photographs and photograph albums.