Showing 169 results

Places
Places term Scope note Archival description count Authority record count
Alberta 6 0
Anzac, AB 1 0
Athabasca (Diocese) 1 0
Athabasca, AB 2 0
Banff National Park 1 0
Baraca, AB 1 0
Bashaw, AB 1 0
Battleford, SK 1 0
Beaver Lake, AB 1 0
Beaverlodge, AB 2 0
Berry Creek, AB 1 0
Berwyn, AB 1 0
Biggar, SK 1 0
Bitumount, AB 1 0
Blairmore, AB 1 0
Bonnyville, AB 1 0
Breton, AB 1 0
Brooks, AB 1 0
Brosseau, AB 1 0
Buffalo Lake, AB 1 0
Buffalo National Park 1 0
Calgary, AB 9 0
Camrose, AB 3 0
Canada 7 0
Chipman, AB 1 0
Claresholm, AB 1 0
Cluny, AB 0 0
Cochrane Lake, AB 1 0
Cold Lake, AB 1 0
Coronation, AB 2 0
Crowsnest Pass, AB 1 0
Cypress Hills, AB 1 0
Delmas, SK 1 0
Dinant, AB 1 0
Drayton Valley, AB 1 0
Drumheller, AB 1 0
Dunvegan, AB 1 0
Edmonton, AB 76 1
Edson, AB 2 0
Elk Island National Park 1 0
Fort Chipewyan, AB 2 0
Fort MacLeod, AB 2 0
Fort Saskatchewan, AB 2 0
Fort Vermilion, AB 2 0
Frank, AB 1 0
Grande Prairie, AB 5 0
Grouard, AB 1 0
Guy, AB 1 0
Hay Lakes, AB 1 0
Hillcrest, AB 1 0
Hinton Trail, AB 1 0
Hinton, AB 1 0
Hughenden, AB 1 0
Innisfail, AB 0 0
Innisfree, AB 1 0
Jasper, AB 3 0
Judicial District of Alberta. Calgary Division
  • The Calgary Division of the Judicial District of Alberta was established in 1884. The district disbanded in 1887.
0 0
Judicial District of Alberta. Fort Macleod Division
  • The Fort Macleod Division of the Judicial District of Alberta was established in 1884. It disbanded in 1887.
0 0
Judicial District of Assiniboia. Medicine Hat Division
  • The Medicine Hat Division of the Judicial District of Assiniboia was established in 1884. It disbanded in 1887.
0 0
Judicial District of Athabasca
  • The Judicial District of Athabasca was established on June 1, 1909 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 194/09. It was disbanded on May 1, 1920 by O.C. 702/20.
  • Prior to June 1, 1909, civil and criminal matters in this region were heard by a judge, local justice of the peace, or magistrate in the Judicial District of Edmonton. After May 1, 1920, these matters were heard either in the Judicial District of Edmonton or the Judicial District of Peace River.
  • The Judicial District of Athabasca was a geographic area in northern Alberta facilitated the adjudication of cases within the province’s court system..
  • The towns and villages found within this District included Athabasca, Athabasca Landing, Brosseau, Edson, Fitzhugh, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lac Ste. Anne, Legal, Morinville, Peace River, Riviere Qui Barre, St. Albert, St. Paul de Metis (St. Paul), Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and Wabamun.
1 0
Judicial District of Bow River. Division 2

Use for: Second Judicial District. Medicine Hat Division

  • The Judicial District of Bow River was established in 1878 and was divided into three parts, with Medicine Hat located in Division 2. In 1883, it became known as the Medicine Hat Division of the Second Judicial District. It was replaced in 1884 with the Medicine Hat Division of the Judicial District of Assiniboia.
0 0
Judicial District of Bow River. Division 3

Use for: Second Judicial District. Calgary Division

  • The Judicial District of Bow River was established in 1878 and was divided into three parts. Division 3 covered the area south of what is now Red Deer and included Calgary and Fort Macleod. In 1883, it became known as the Calgary Division of the Second Judicial District. In 1884, it was replaced by the Calgary Division and Fort Macleod Division of the Judicial District of Alberta.
0 0
Judicial District of Calgary
  • The Judicial District of Calgary was established on October 1, 1906 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 516/06.
  • The Judicial District of Calgary is a geographic area in central Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Cities, towns and villages within this judicial district have included Acme, Airdire, Banff, Bassano, Calgary, Canmore, Carstairs, Cochrane, Crossfield, Didsbury, Drumheller, Gleichen, Hanna, High River, Langdon, Okotoks, Olds, Strathmore, Trochu, Three Hills, Vulcan, and Youngstown.
2 0
Judicial District of Drumheller
  • The Judicial District of Drumheller was established on August 31, 1926 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 1029/26. Prior to August 31, 1926, civil and criminal matters in this region were heard by a judicial official in the Judicial Districts of Calgary or Hanna.
  • The Judicial District of Drumheller is a geographic area in east central Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • The boundaries of the Judicial District of Drumheller have been altered during its existence because of changes in other judicial districts. On December 15, 1987, it absorbed the territory formerly comprising the Judicial District of Hanna (Alberta Regulation 462/87).
  • Towns and villages within this judicial district have included Delia, Drumheller, Hanna, Oyen and Youngstown.
2 0
Judicial District of Edmonton
  • The Judicial District of Edmonton was established on October 1, 1906 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 516/06.
  • The Judicial District of Edmonton is a geographic area in north central Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
2 0
Judicial District of Fort McMurray
  • The Judicial District of Fort McMurray was established on May 4, 1981 by Alberta Regulation (A/R) 170/81. Prior to May 4, 1981, civil and criminal matters in this region were heard in the Judicial District of Edmonton.
  • The Judicial District of Fort McMurray is a geographic area in northern Alberta that facilities the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Towns and villages within this judicial district have included Fort Chipewyan and Fort McMurray.
0 0
Judicial District of Grande Prairie

Use for: Judicial Sub-District of Grande Prairie

  • The Judicial District of Grande Prairie was established on April 20, 1954 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 549/54. It had been created originally in 1919 as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Athabasca (O.C. 1875/19) before being disbanded (O.C. 702/20), recreated as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Peace River (O.C. 703/20) before becoming its own judicial district in 1954.
  • The Judicial District of Grande Prairie is a geographic area in northwestern Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Towns and villages within this judicial district have included Beaverlodge, Grande Prairie, Spirit River, Westlock, and Valleyview.
2 0
Judicial District of Hanna

Use for: Judicial District of Acadia

  • The Judicial District of Acadia was established on September 15, 1919 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 1290/19. On April 1, 1922, the name of the District was changed to the Judicial District of Hanna (O.C. 412/22). The District was disbanded on December 15, 1987 (Alberta Regulation (A.R.) 462/87).
  • The Judicial District of Hanna is a geographic area in east central Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system..
  • Prior to September 15, 1919, civil and criminal matters in this region were heard in the Judicial District of Calgary. After December 15, 1987, the Judicial District of Drumheller had jurisdiction over matters in the region.
  • Towns and villages within this judicial district have included Delia, Drumheller, Hanna, Oyen and Youngstown.
2 0
Judicial District of Lethbridge
  • The Judicial District of Lethbridge was established on October 1, 1906 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 516/06.
  • The Judicial District of Lethbridge is a geographic area in south-east Alberta that facilitates the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • The cities, towns and villages found within this District have included Cardston, Crowsnest Pass, Fort Macleod, Lethbridge, Pincher Creek, Raymond, and Taber.
2 0
Judicial District of Macleod
  • The Judicial District of Macleod was established on October 1, 1906 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 516/06. The District was dissolved on January 1, 1995 by Alberta Regulation (AR) 361/94.
  • The Judicial District of Macleod was a geographic area in south-west Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Cities, towns and villages found within the District have included Blairmore, Claresholm, Coleman, Crowsnest Pass, Fort Macleod, Frank, Hillcrest, Nanton and Pincher Creek.
2 0
Judicial District of Medicine Hat
  • The Judicial District of Medicine Hat was established in September 1, 1914 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 792/14. The District’s origins date back to 1906 with the establishment of a Medicine Hat office of the Judicial District of Calgary. With its own clerk, sheriff, and filing system, this office served as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Calgary although it was not officially designated as such.
  • The Judicial District of Medicine Hat is a geographic area in south eastern Alberta.
  • Cities, towns and villages found within the District have included Bassano, Brooks, Empress, Irvine, Manyberries, and Medicine Hat.
2 0
Judicial District of Northern Alberta. Calgary Division
  • The Calgary Division of the Judicial District of Northern Alberta was established in 1887. It disbanded in 1906.
0 0
Judicial District of Northern Alberta. Edmonton Division
  • The Edmonton Division of the Judicial District of Northern Alberta was established in 1887. It disbanded in 1907.
0 0
Judicial District of Peace River

Use for: Judicial Sub-District of Peace River

  • The Judicial District of Peace River was created on May 1, 1920 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 705/20. Initially established as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Athabasca on December 1, 1919 by O.C. 1876/19, the sub-district was abolished by O.C. 702/20 when Judicial District of Athabasca was abolished and reconstituted as its own judicial district.
  • The Judicial District of Peace River is a geographic area in northern Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Cities, towns and villages within this judicial district have included Beaverlodge, Fairview, Grande Prairie, High Prairie, McLennan, Peace River, and Spirit River.
2 0
Judicial District of Red Deer
  • The Judicial District of Red Deer was established on October 1, 1914 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 792/14. The District’s origins date back to 1907 with the establishment of a Red Deer office of the Judicial District of Wetaskiwin. With its own clerk, sheriff, and filing system, this office served as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Wetaskiwin although it was not officially designated as such.
  • The Judicial District of Red Deer is a geographic area in central Alberta where courts had jurisdiction over criminal and civil matters.
  • Cities, towns and villages found within the District have included Alix, Big Valley, Castor, Coronation, Delburne, Innisfail, Lacombe, Lakeview, Nordegg, Pine Lake, Ponoka, Red Deer, Rocky Mountain House, and Stettler.
2 0
Judicial District of Saskatchewan. Edmonton Division

Use for: Saskatchewan Judicial District. Division 3, Third Judicial District. Edmonton Division

  • The Judicial District of Saskatchewan was created in 1878 with Edmonton as one of its judicial centers. In 1881, the District was divided into three, with the Edmonton serving as Division 3. In 1883, this Division became known as the Edmonton Division of the Third Judicial District, and, in 1884, it became the Edmonton Division of a new Saskatchewan Judicial District. It disbanded in 1887.
0 0
Judicial District of Southern Alberta. Macleod Division
  • The Macleod Division of the Judicial District of Southern Alberta was established in 1887. It disbanded in 1906.
0 0
Judicial District of Southern Alberta. Medicine Hat Division
  • The Medicine Hat Division of the Judicial District of Southern Alberta was established in 1887. It disbanded in 1906.
0 0
Judicial District of St. Paul
  • The Judicial District of St. Paul was established on January 1, 1998 by Alberta Regulation (A.R.) 191/97. Prior to January 1, 1998, civil and criminal matters in this region were heard in the Judicial District of Edmonton.
  • The Judicial District of St. Paul is a geographic area in northern Alberta that facilitates the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Towns and villages within this judicial district have included Bonnyville, Cold Lake, Lac La Biche, Lloydminster, St. Paul, Vermillion, and Wainwright.
0 0
Judicial District of Stettler
  • The Judicial District of Stettler was established on October 1, 1914 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 792/14. It was dissolved on October 1, 1936 by O.C. 1237/36.
  • The Judicial District of Stettler was a geographic area in east central Alberta where courts had jurisdiction over criminal and civil matters. Typically, the judicial district in which a civil or criminal matter occurred is where a judge would hear and try that case.
  • The towns and villages found within the District included Big Valley, Castor, Coronation, and Stettler.
2 0
Judicial District of Vegreville

Use for: Judicial Sub-District of Vegreville

  • The Judicial District of Vegreville was established on April 20, 1954 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 549/54. It had been initially established as a subdistrict of the Judicial District of Edmonton on September 1, 1928 by O.C. 748/28. The District was disbanded in 1994 (Alberta Regulation 361/94).
  • The Judicial District of Vegreville was a geographic area in east central Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Cities, towns and villages within this judicial district have included Lloydminster, Vegreville, Vermillion, Viking, and Wainwright.
2 0
Judicial District of Wetaskiwin
  • The Judicial District of Wetaskiwin was established on October 1, 1906 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 516/06.
  • The Judicial District of Wetaskiwin is a geographic area in central northwestern Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Cities, towns and villages within this judicial district have included Alliance, Camrose, Daysland, Hardisty, Leduc, Ponoka, Provost, Sedgewick, Red Deer, and Wetaskiwin.
4 0
Judicial Sub-District of Bassano
  • The Judicial Sub-District of Bassano was established in 1914 (O.C. 792/14) as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Calgary. It was disbanded in 1935 (O.C. 1931/35).
  • The Judicial Sub-District of Bassano is a geographic area in central Alberta that facilitated the adjudication of cases through the province’s court system.
  • Cases prior to 1914 and after 1935 were heard in the Judicial District of Calgary.
2 0
Judicial Sub-District of Camrose
  • The Judicial Sub-District of Camrose was established in 1918 by Order-in-Council (O.C.) 71/1918 as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Wetaskiwin. It disbanded in 1936 (O.C. 1237/36).
2 0
Judicial Sub-District of Taber
  • The Judicial Sub-District of Taber was established in 1914 (O.C. 792/14) as a sub-district of the Judicial District of Lethbridge. It was abolished in 1935, with its functions reverting back to the Judicial District of Lethbridge (O.C. 1391/35).
2 0
Keg River, AB 1 0
Killam, AB 1 0
La Corey, AB 1 0
Lac La Biche, AB 3 0
Lac Ste. Anne, AB 1 0
Lamont, AB 2 0
Leduc, AB 0 0
Lethbridge, AB 4 0
Lloydminster, AB 4 0
Long Lake Provincial Park, AB 1 0
MacKenzie River (Diocese) 1 0
Mallaig, AB 1 0
Manitoba 2 0
Maskwacis, AB 1 0
Mercoal, AB 1 0
Results 1 to 100 of 169