Fonds PR1128 - Tulliby Lake Stockmans Association fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Tulliby Lake Stockmans Association fonds

General material designation

    Parallel title

    Other title information

    Title statements of responsibility

    Title notes

    • Source of title proper: Title based on the content of the records.

    Level of description

    Fonds

    Reference code

    PR1128

    Edition area

    Edition statement

    Edition statement of responsibility

    Class of material specific details area

    Statement of scale (cartographic)

    Statement of projection (cartographic)

    Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

    Statement of scale (architectural)

    Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

    Dates of creation area

    Date(s)

    • Copied 1980 (Creation)

    Physical description area

    Physical description

    1 microfilm

    Publisher's series area

    Title proper of publisher's series

    Parallel titles of publisher's series

    Other title information of publisher's series

    Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

    Numbering within publisher's series

    Note on publisher's series

    Archival description area

    Name of creator

    Administrative history

    The Tulliby Lake Stockmans Association was formed in Marwayne, Alberta in 1936. The association held its first meeting on December 3, 1936 and the founding members included C.H. Ferris, John Kay, Bob Connachie, L.T. Belsheim and Wes Trimble.

    The purpose of the association was to purchase or lease grazing land for use by members and the association first acquired land at Townships 56 and 57, Range 1, West of the 5th Meridian (56,57-1-W5). The association hired a full-time herder and members were charged per head of cattle for the use of the land. The association was incorporated under The Societies Act on February 21, 1953.

    Custodial history

    Scope and content

    Fonds consists of the minutes of the Tulliby Lake Stockmans Association dating 1936-1977.

    Notes area

    Physical condition

    Immediate source of acquisition

    Mrs. Betty Carson deposited these records in the Provincial Archives of Alberta in 1980. Her relationship with the Tulliby Lake Stockman’s Association is unknown.

    Arrangement

    Language of material

      Script of material

        Language and script note

        The material is in English.

        Location of originals

        Availability of other formats

        Restrictions on access

        Access Conditions: None

        Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

        Use Conditions: Permission for use required. Subject to the Copyright Act.

        Finding aids

        File list is not available.

        Associated materials

        Related materials

        Accruals

        Further accruals are not expected.

        General note

        Information for the administrative history was taken from the records and from Echoes of Marwayne Area, located in the Provincial Archives of Alberta Reference Library under location number 971.233 Ec45m PAA. These records were donated at the same time and in the same accession as the following unrelated fonds: United Farmers of Alberta fonds, Marwayne School District No. 4338 fonds, and Marwayne Home and School Association fonds. The location of the Tulliby Lake Stockmans Association grazing lands is represented according to the Alberta Township Survey (ATS) system

        General note

        Includes accession PR1980.0104.

        Alternative identifier(s)

        Standard number

        Standard number

        Access points

        Place access points

        Name access points

        Genre access points

        Control area

        Description record identifier

        Institution identifier

        Rules or conventions

        Status

        Level of detail

        Dates of creation, revision and deletion

        Language of description

          Script of description

            Sources

            Accession area