The Provincial Archives of Alberta provides access to:
• birth records that are 120 years or older (from the date of birth) or if the individual has been deceased more than 50 years;
• marriage records that are 75 years or older (from the date of marriage);
• death records that are 50 years or older (from the date of death); and
• stillbirth records that are 75 years or older (from the date of stillbirth).
Please note, vital statistics records are not available in AtoM or in person; these can be searched for and requested here.
To access a vital statistics registration:
• Search an index
• Request and pay for your vital statistics record by completing a Vital Statistics Request
Listing of vital statistics indexes:
Please contact the Sandra Thomson Reading Room if you have questions.